20130202

NEW Kerith Ravine song (oh my)

I am currently writing and researching my "best of 1999" blog post. Every once in awhile I discover one of the bands I am writing about released an album I didn't know about, maybe because they reunited. Never has it been an obscure, underground, indie band. Especially not one I consider myself to be an expert on. Until today. Seconds ago.

Kerith Ravine (who broke up in 2001) has a new song. Except it's not new. I'll let the the webpage I discovered explain itself (thanks Google):

"release date unknown the members of kerith ravine reunited for two days in the summer of 2007 - almost a decade after the band's inception - to write and record together one last time. "from the horse's eye" was produced during this brief session."

Um.

Wow.


The song is UNBELIEVABLE. So much better than anything Lovedrug has done in 7 years, or maybe ever.

 


Along with this song Kerith Ravine's entire obscure discography is also on their Bandcamp page. I have no idea when it went online, but it had to be recently.

UPDATE: Just discovered an entire Kerith Ravine concert on YouTube (and I never had a chance to see them):